- Professor of Electrical Engineering
- Professor of Biological Engineering
- Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science
- Department of Biological Engineering
Jongyoon Han is currently a professor in the Department of Electrical Engineering and Computer Science and the Department of Biological Engineering at the Massachusetts Institute of Technology. He received both BS and MS degrees in physics from Seoul National University, Seoul, Korea, and a PhD in applied physics from Cornell University in 2001. He won the NSF CAREER award in 2003, and the Analytical Chemistry Young Innovator Award in 2009. His research is mainly focused on applying micro/nanofabrication techniques to a very diverse set of fields and industries, including biosensing, desalination/water purification, biomanufacturing, dentistry, and neuroscience.
- Off-grid portable ion concentration polarization desalination unit
- Real-time, on-site detection of foodborne pathogens by engineered bacteriophage integrated with microfluidic sample preparation platforms