- Professor of Mechanical Engineering
- Faculty Director for Research, MIT D-Lab
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
Dan Frey is a professor of mechanical engineering and the faculty director for research at D-Lab, the PI of the Comprehensive Initiative on Technology Evaluation, and the co-PI on the Center for Excellence in Energy in Egypt. Prof. Frey is actively involved in design and evaluation of engineering devices for use in the developing world. Prof. Frey holds a PhD in mechanical engineering from MIT, an MS in mechanical engineering from the University of Colorado, and a BS in aeronautical engineering from Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute.
- Mobile evaporative cooling rooms for vegetable preservation
- Evaporative cooling technologies for fruit and vegetable preservation in Kenya