- Noyce Career Development Professor
- Associate Professor
- Department of Mechanical Engineering
Xuanhe Zhao is an associate professor in mechanical engineering at MIT. The current research goal of his group is to understand and design soft materials that possess unprecedented properties and functions for addressing grant societal challenges. Dr. Zhao is the recipient of early career award and young investigator award from National Science Foundation, Office of Naval Research, Society of Engineering Science, American Vacuum Society and Adhesion Society. He held the Hunt Faculty Scholar at Duke and d'Arbeloff Career Development Chair and Robert N. Noyce Career Development Professor at MIT.
- Smart porous hydrogels for atmospheric water harvesting
- High-efficiency chemical-free backwash strategy for reverse osmosis membrane antifouling
- Initial exploration of a root suction irrigation system